Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Breath of Life!

When I was a teenager, I loved to swim. Every time we went to the beach, I would always swim out to the buoys. When I would reach the buoys, I would get a deep breath and dive as deep and as fast as I could. I'd reach out with my hands, kick my feet, and hit the bottom. When I touched the bottom with my hands, Id push my body up, pull my feet underneath me, push off the bottom with my legs and reach for the top of the water and that exhilarating breath of air that waited on me. Man it brings back adrenaline just thinking about it. I think it was the summer before I turned fifteen. The family(mom and sisters) went to the beach. It was great time. Id made my usual trip out to dive, the water was around 20 ft give or take a few feet. I'd already hit the bottom a few times, then we had hot dog, chips, and cokes for lunch. I went back out, of course my mom made me wait 30 minutes. I hit the buoy, grabbed a deep breath, shot towards the bottom. At 6 feet tall, the bottom was only three of my body lengths, it wasn't that many swim strokes to the bottom. Here's the problem, I didn't get there as quick as I thought I should. So, I turned back towards the top, but I could find the top either. In my mind I thought I should be able to reach the top easily when I turned, but there was this thought, what if I turned sideways not up. I was scared, I was confused, turn around and I thought I was going to drown. In my mind I decided I had one last chance, I turned down hoping down was down. I swam as fast and as hard as I could swim. I put my hands out in front, kicked with my legs. I felt my hands hit that muddy sand, pushed with my arms, tucked my legs and shoved off as hard as I could and reached for the top. As I reached for the top, I had pushed so hard, I don't remember if I swam any more to get to the top. Of course, that could have been the lack of oxygen. I felt my hands bust through the to air, my head shot through the membrane that separated me from a fresh breath of air and I breathed. It was a life giving breath of air, it was everything I needed to survive. That breath took away my fear of drowning, my fear of dying, and it gave me life.

In my goal to lose 100lbs this year, I have felt just as if I was under that water again. Scared, afraid of drowning, confused, not knowing which way to go. This has all changed. A good friend over the summer began to tell me "if you want to lose weight, I know what can help you." It
was called Medifast. He had lost over 100lbs on this diet and was positive I could too!

It just so happens that my beautiful wife was able to secure me and her both the Medifast product. This was three weeks ago. I have received a new breath in this journey to lose weight, be healthier and gain a life of longevity.

As of week three, I have lost 25 lbs! I will not say that this journey will produce a 100lbs loss before January 1, 2011. However, it will produce losing 100lbs as long as I continue. It is fool proof. I eat 5 medifast meals a day 2-3 hrs apart and one lean and green meal every day. It simple for me, no counting calories, no counting points. I feel like I have had a deep breath of life breathed into me and it is AWESOME!

One thing I ask from you. If your reading this,and your a praying person, say a prayer for me. If you read my last post you will see that this has been a hard struggle for me. I need the Lord's help to get through this. I believe He's giving the tool to accomplish a healthier life, now I just need the fortitude to continue !



January weight 404

August 16, 2010 395

Today's weight 370

Total Loss for the year 34 lbs
Since medifast 25 lbs


Since medifast I have lost 2.5" in my chest, 2" in the neck, 3" in my stomach, 5" in my waist, 3.75" in hips, and 1" in my thigh

That's 17.25" in 3 weeks

If you forsake the Lord and serve foreign gods, then He will turn and do you harm and consume you, after He has done you good. Joshua 24:20

3 comments:

  1. Awesome babe! Very proud of you, keep on going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, You and your beautiful wife looked awesome this weekend. Baby brother, I pray for you daily and I know that it is a struggle for me as well! You both are doing great and I am proud of you. Keep on Pressing Toward the Goal! Phillipians 3:14

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I just started Medifast last Thursday. I'm down 11lbs. as of this morning. My goal is to lose 125 by June for my brother's wedding and my other brother's graduation. I'm excited! We can do it!

    ReplyDelete