Friday, January 15, 2010

Week 2: Failure or Feedback!

The definition of failure is "a lack of success in or at something". When one encounters something that they have not succesfully accomplished, is it failure? In my past I would say yes, if you don't complete your task then you have failed. This seems black and white, but is it? Today when I stepped on the scales, instead of losing weight, I had gained weight. This really wasn't a surprise, but it was reality. So was this a failure? Did scales tell me today that I failed or did they give me feed back? A wise man told me once that you only fail when you quit. The scales only reflected the behaviors that accomplished in the last week. The scales didn't exactly say exactly what I ate, but the did tell me that what I did in the past 7 days did not achieve the desired results. Failure, I don't think so. Feedback is the truth, the scales don't lie. I must do different. This for me is when I need you! My friends, family, anyone that wants to input.

Dec 28, 2009 404 lbs

Jan 8, 2010 390 lbs

Jan 15, 2010 393 lbs

this week +3 lbs total -11 lbs

89 lbs to go


This weeks scripture
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

2 comments:

  1. So glad you didn't get too discouraged this week. You are bound to have weeks like this. But, with your persistence you'll continue to see your desired results.

    Hang in there! I bet this week will motivate you more for next week. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on going, little brother! Don't be discouraged by +3, you and I both know that stress can easily cause the body to gain a few pounds. I love you!

    ReplyDelete